Joe and I completed our first triathlon of the year on Father's Day. It consisted of a 1/2 mile ocean water swim, 14 mile bike ride, and 3.2 mile run. The water was cold and extremely choppy (there was a storm coming), and it was really humid that day. Joe finished in 1:45:58 (one hour, 45 minutes, and 58 seconds), and I finished in 1:44:18. Yes, I beat him. I officially have bragging rights until our next triathlon (a half-ironman on September 25).
The children had their 12-month check up today.
Nikki: 22 lbs, 6 oz; 30 1/2 inches tall. She is in the 60th percentile for height and weight.
Ben: 21 lbs; 29 inches tall. He is in the 15-25th percentiles for height and weight.
Both children are very healthy and growing just as they should. They each got 3 shots and had some blood drawn for labs--law states they must have a lead level drawn at this age, the other lab is and H&H. Our next appointment will be when they are 15 months old to get the Diptheria booster.

2 comments:
Nice job guys! I especially like the part about Deb beating Joe in the race :)
My next Tri is July 11 :)
0.9 swim, 25 bike, 6 run
Good luck in your half-iron man!!
Post a Comment