7am: wake up. We started a rule a couple of months ago that Joe and I don't get out of bed before 7 on our days off.
7:30-8:30: breakfast, dishes, shower for me...
9 am: We finally get out the door to go to the gym
10 am: leave the gym and do our excursion (examples: go to the playground, swimming at the gym, beach, grocery shopping, lunch with Gram, zoo, ride trikes, play in the hose/pool at home, library)
12-1pm: get back home in time for lunch then nap
1 or 2pm-3 or 4pm: nap time. Time for me to catch up on things (laundry, dishes, housecleaning, pay bills, garden, check e-mail...)
After naptime, we usually hang around the house and play with toys or watch tv for a while.
6-7 pm: dinner
7-8pm: bath time, read books, brush teeth, change into pajamas
8-ish: bedtime.
8:15: tell kids to get back into bed and go to sleep.
We had to start coming back from our fun trips earlier because the kids would be so tired that they would fall asleep before eating lunch.
Steering the ship at the playground. I have discovered that there are several (at least 7) playgrounds within a 10 minute drive from our house.
Wading in the water at the lake by the playground.
Goofy kids, that's Daddy's chair!
The county fair had lots of animals to look at.
And touch. These are baby ducks.
Uncle Dan also came to visit for a couple of days. Sadly, I didn't think to get any pictures of him before he left. I'll be sure to get some when they come to visit around Christmas!
Also, Joe and I went tubing in Harper's Ferry, WV, last weekend with a couple of friends. It was tons of fun, plus it was just nice to get away for a while.
We are entering the hard-core section of our triathlon training, so a lot of our time is also spent doing that. We have an olympic distance triathlon coming up in mid-August (0.9 mile swim, 25 mile bike, 6.2 mile run-with lots of hills).
Yup, we've been busy.

1 comment:
I really need to say 'Thank You!' for this post! We were kind of lost these last few weeks of summer and your schedule really works for us too! Thank you so much for sharing!!
Post a Comment