AgeTracker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Finally Got a New Camera

It took a couple of weeks, but I finally got a new camera.  Still nothing fancy, since my last camera broke when Nikki dropped it on the floor.

Here's what's been going on lately:

Potty training! Nikki is completely potty trained (except at night).  She needs help with wiping, but other than that, she's on her own.  Yeah!  Ben still won't poop in the toilet.  He insists on going in his pants.  We got tired of cleaning that up, so we put him in pull-ups, and we're much happier.  He consistently has a dry diaper in the morning,  but I just can't bring myself to let him go without one at night.

Talking!  The kids are talking like there's no tomorrow.  It's still in toddlerese, and Joe, Gram or I have to interpret.  We have to watch what we say now as they repeat everything they hear.

Some cute things they say:
"boobah" school bus
"bahbah" also school bus
"pea a handy" peice of candy (when they poop in the toilet they get a  "pea a handy"
"houff" house
"gam" Gram
"omebwewa" umbrella
"tink" drink
"almosh" almost
"not right now mommy" exactly as it sounds
"shoosha" shoes and socks
"my tummy eat" I'm hungry

Stuff they like! Nikki loves to take pictures with the camera.  Easy to see why our first camera broke.  She takes some pretty good pictures, too.  She showed Joe how to review pictures on the camera.  She would much rather have one with a touch screen, though.  I got to take about 3 pictures with the new camera before she "borrowed" it to take some.  She immediately began to catalog her toys and other random objects.  She took pictures of her baby doll, her stuffed dog, my shoe (still on my foot), a tree, her ball, Jeremy (cat), the refrigerator....

Ben loves trucks, school buses, trains, race cars, anything with wheels.  He is crazy about riding his tricycle and his battery-powered bike.  He loves to watch Thomas the Train and say choo-choo.  Gram just got him a new really big truck filled with matchbox cars at the store, and he did his happy dance for a solid minute when he showed it to Joe.  He'll sit on the floor and play with all of his vehicles.  He points out every school bus when riding in the car (RV's campers, trailers all qualify as school buses). 

Me!  I've started training for triathlon season.  The weather is still pretty yucky and cold here, highs around 50-60 and near freezing at night recently, so I  haven't had much motivation.  I ran a 5k on St. Patty's Day with the kids and dogs (finished in 28 minutes!) and I did one long run of 7 miles with my friend, but that's about it for running.  I have a half-marathon I'm looking to do in mid-May.  I've gone swimming a couple of times, and have been loving spinning class twice a week.  I think I'll be ready for my first triathlon on June 2.

Joe!  His knee is still recovering, and it bothers him to run or stand for long periods.  The doctor told him to cut back on his activities for a month or so to see if it gets better.  He's pretty bummed about it.  He really wanted to beat me in a triathlon again.  He's not playing rugby this year, and he may hang up his rugby cleats for good.  He's still undecided.  But, he's been helping the coaching staff for the team.  He goes to practice every week and to every game.

Holidays!  St. Patty's Day, the kids, dogs, and I ran a 5k (see above).  We set a new PR (personal record) in 28:15.  I think most people there thought we were going to walk the 5k (lots of comments and well-wishers saying "have fun on your walk!"), and they were surprised when we passed them. ;-)

Yesterday, the kids, Gram, and I went to the Easter Eggstravaganza in Easton.  It was a small fair with lots of moon-bounce type activities, game tables, and food.  And, there was a mini-train ride that Ben couldn't contain his excitement about.  Best of all, it was all totally free!  I posted some pictures below.  Next weekend, there's an Easter Egg Hunt a few miles from our house that we're going to do.  Nikki had so much fun yesterday that she's already asking about more "eshur ehh uns" (easter egg hunts).



We finally got our new riding lawn mower


Nikki took this picture.  Not too bad, eh?

Ben really like the ride on the train yesterday.


Obstacle course moon bounce.  Nikki went on this one several times.

Ben didn't like the moon bounces quite as much, but he still had a good time.

Eshur Bunny

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like everything (except Joe's knee) is doing great! We have an easter egg hunt this Saturday as well. Can't wait.