AgeTracker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Keeping busy

Since I had a couple of weeks to hang around and take it easy, I though I'd share some of the things that I did to keep myself occupied. Also, it's kind of an update on the things Joe and I have been doing with our house. And, really, I need to add some more pictures.

So, as many of you know, we have been busy planting stuff in our yard. I did not plant anything while I was recovering from illnesses, but I did a lot of walking around to look at our plants. Here's what I saw:

Our salad garden. From left to right: Tower lettuce, spinach, buttercrunch lettuce.


Blueberry bushes and strawberry plants


Blueberry bush and strawberry plants


Our vegetable gardens:
Tomatoes and peppers


Peas and beans


Jake posed for this picture with the potato plants


Jake was also interested in the bushes that we planted next to the driveway.


We were also able to spend time with the dogs. We took them to the back of our yard almost every day so that they (mainly Maggie) could go swimming.


I like to think that Maggie is a genius among her species, but I might have to rethink my position. Apparently, there are a couple of resident geese that have a nest close to where we were. When Maggie got too close, the geese lured her away from their nest and let her chase them for a while before they flew away. It was pretty funny watching her try to catch them. Jake, who doesn't much like to swim, even took part in the chase. Suckers!

2 comments:

Dan said...

Sunshine, plants that grow, and stuff for the dogs to chase...sounds like you guys have it made!

Nice gardens, and I'm glad you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Maggie was just playing along with the stupid birds. We all know she's the rocket scientist of the Lab world.