AgeTracker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Back to School

I've thought about going back to school for quite a while. Actually, after I got my degree in nursing, I took a short break from school, and then I took a couple of classes on-line at the University of Central Florida to work on getting my bachelor's degree in nursing. That did not last long, however, due to my decision to start travel nursing and my distaste for on-line courses (lots of mindless busy-work).

We recently got a solicitation flier in the mail from Wilmington University. It was actually addressed to Joe, but I took a look at it anyway. I was intrigued by what I saw on the flier, so I looked at their website. They have the exact program that I've been looking for! They have a combined RN to MSN program (masters of science in nursing) and an MSN/MBA joint program! It's the exact thing that I wanted! No longer will by bachelor's degree in business be a mere mouse pad to me. I will be able to put it to good use again.

I met with an admissions advisor last week who was generally unhelpful. I was looking specifically for information on the RN-MSN-MBA program, but she did not have any. She did the usual transfer admission advising session for me, gave me a name and e-mail address to get more information on graduate studies, and sent me on my way. At least I got to see the Dover, DE campus.

So, today I filled out the application for admission. I have to send out for a couple of transcripts before I will mail it in. I usually keep official and unofficial copied of all of my transcripts in my files, but I somehow missed replacing a few of the official transcripts last time I used them.

I will also need to see my doctor to get my immunization/titer record up to date, and I will need to take a drug/alcohol test and complete a background check. So, hopefully by the end of the month I will finish all of my application requirements.

I can't really say that I'm "excited" about going back to school again, but this is the closest I've come to being excited about it in a long time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds very cool. MSN/MBA is a very important thing to have for upper level management. Are you thinking of going back full time or part time?