AgeTracker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 31, 2009

7 month update



The kids are still doing great. They haven't achieved any more milestones yet, but crawling is right around the corner. Nikki has been getting up on her hands and knees for over a week now, and Ben started doing that a couple of days ago. Nikki loves to roll all over the room. Sometimes, it takes a second to find her when I walk into the living room. She's never in the same place as I left her.

They have also started to say, "Momomomom," and an occasional, "Dadadad." I know that they don't know that these words are our names now, but I don't care. I answer to it anyway.

They are both starting to cut back on the amount of time they sleep during the day, too. It used to be two long naps (1 1/2-3 hours) and one short nap, and now it is more like two short naps (30 minutes-1 hour) and one long nap (1-3 hours).

Nikki has started to decrease her food intake a bit. I think her growth spurts have ended. We introduced sippy cups about a month ago, and Ben has mastered the art of drinking out of one. He does it one-handed! Also, he can hold the bottle and feed himself that way, too. Nikki is not so much interested in all of that fanciness.

They are both eating pretty much everything that we eat now. I just throw whatever food we had for dinner in the blender and add some water, and, voila!, instant baby food. They really enjoy this.

They both find it very amusing when I clap my hands. They love this. I'm not sure what the attraction is, but Ben giggles and rocks back and forth, while Nikki laughs uncontrollably.

They also still really enjoy bath time. We put some bubble bath in the water the other night, and that was cause for lots of fun.

They are both still very happy and healthy babies. Hopefully, it stays that way for a long time.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Sounds great! They are just getting cuter every day :)