There is a town not far from Easton called Oxford, and every year they host "Oxford Day." It involves the usual list of festivities for any event: vendors selling random junk, greasy and fattening food, and shows that nobody can seem to find. One difference with Oxford Day is the very popular Oxford Day 10k run. Jake and I ran it this year for the first time. We did pretty well; we finished in around 1:05 (one hour and five minutes). About halfway through, we caught up with Julie, my sister in-law and her son, Parker. We promptly switched, and Julie ran a ways with Jake while I pushed Parker in his stroller. I think I entertained her for a good part of the last three miles by forcing her to listen to my endless rambling, but at least it made the time go by faster. After all, that's one of the main reasons I enjoy running races rather than just running by myself (or with dogs and kids) all the time.
Gram went with us, and she took the kids for a walk around the tiny town while I was running. I contemplated running with them, but the furthest I had ever run with them was only 5 miles. Also, once I saw that the tires in the jogging stroller needed some more air (quite a bit more), I changed my mind for good. And this way, I got to run with my nephew! An interesting note--Julie was the only person running with a stroller, and Jake was the only dog running (which is strange because there were tons of dogs there, and it was sponsored by the humane society).

1 comment:
Dear Debbie,
You've set a high bar for this twin mom. Running races already!! I feel completely awe inspired.
Emily Donovan
Post a Comment