For their birthday, Patti and Reggie (Grandma and Papa) came over in the morning to give them their gifts (I ran a 10-mile race that morning). Ben and Nikki each got their own tricycles! They love them! Aunt Ali and Uncle Dan also got them some cool gifts that they can play with outside (pictures to come). And, to top it all off, Gram came over for dinner! It was a great day!
My birthday was yesterday, exactly one week after Ben and Nikki's. We all went to Gram's house for a dinner party. My in-laws and a couple of friends also came. Thank you to Gram for the fabulous food and gracious hostessing. And the ice cream cake. Yummy.
This morning was the Zooma Half-Marathon in Annapolis. I was concerned because I ran that 10-mile race last weekend, and I came to the conclusion that I need more than a week between long races. Also, Annapolis has lots of hills. Long, steep hills. I did okay (2 hours 5 minutes), but my legs are shot. I then came home to relax on the couch and take a nap, but Ben was the one who fell asleep! Too much excitement last night, I guess.
I just checked the official results, and the website has a video of me passing through the finish line! How cool is that? http://results.bazumedia.com/athlete/index/e/392318 Just type in bib #3250 (they have my last name as "Phillip")

1 comment:
Happy Birthday to all. Nice job on the races Debbie :) My next race is in 8 weeks, a sprint tri
Post a Comment