AgeTracker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 12, 2009

20 Week OB Update

We had our 20 week check-up today (actually 19w6d). Everyone is doing great. We had the big anatomy ultrasound followed by a brief meeting with Dr. O'Brien. It's official, baby B is a boy. Baby A is a girl. One of each! It's exactly what we had hoped for.

The babies are very active and moving around a lot. It's amazing that they are moving that much and I can barely feel them. We originally thought that baby A was really shy and hiding from us, then we realized she was just dodging baby B's head-butts.

They each weigh about 12 ounces, and their heartbeats are 143 and 160-ish. The rest of their anatomies look normal. Dr. O'Brien gave me the go-ahead to start exercising again, with only a couple of limitations. He said to keep my heart rate under 140, not to do anything vigorous, and to be careful of my joints (especially knees and ankles). He said swimming is great. Now I just have to find a bathing suit.

(Blogger is having trouble with uploading the baby pictures. I'll try again later.)

3 comments:

Dan said...

Im thinking John and Lindsay. Congratulations to all four of you!

Anonymous said...

What great news! A little boy and girl will be so exciting

Anonymous said...

Now let's see. Where did I leave that lace?