AgeTracker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 5, 2009

A Few Updates...

The holidays were great for Joe and me. We spent time with Joe’s family, ate lots of good food, and opened presents. Nothing exciting happened, but it was good to just hang out with the family.

Joe and I have started working on the nursery. We decided to use the bedroom that was our acting dining room. We’ve taken everything out of the room (including the carpet), and have started the process of spackling and painting. We got some nice wood laminate flooring the other day, and we’ll be installing that in a couple of weeks (hopefully). Then we put up some trim around the room, and paint the walls. We’re thinking of doing it in a light green/sage color.

My next OB appointment is a week from today (January 12). I get the big anatomy ultrasound, and hopefully find out the sexes! Joe is going with me. We’re getting excited!

We put our house up for sale last week. Jim, our brother-in-law, is a real estate agent, so he listed it for us. We’re hoping to move closer to Easton to be closer to Joe’s family.

I had to break down and buy some maternity clothes just after Christmas. I was unable to button or zip my pants, so I figured it was time. I am much more comfortable in the maternity pants, but I’m not quite big enough for my belly to hold them up yet. They should fit perfectly in a few weeks.

Maggie went to the doctor today because of her extremely foul breath. It was fine until just before Christmas, when it suddenly turned rank. The doctor said she probably had an infection in her mouth somewhere, and he gave us some antibiotics to give to her for the next 30 days. Poor Maggie-she really doesn’t like to go to the doctor, but this time all he did was look in her mouth. She still got lots of loving.

I’ve been cooking a bit again, too. I found an awesome recipe for chocolate chip cookies on allrecipes.com, and have been baking them for the past couple of weeks. Also, today I made my first pizza, crust and all. It’s in the oven right now. I can smell it, and I can’t wait to eat some!

Here are a couple of pictures. The first one is of me (and my belly) at 16 weeks. At that point I had gained only around 11 pounds. The second picture is of the yummy smelling pizza I just made. Joe is laughing at me for putting it on our blog, but I'm pretty proud of myself. I put the cheese on top (parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar) and the pepperonis and green peppers underneath.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pizza looks great! I bet Joe wasn't laughing when it was time to eat it.

Jim did a nice job on the listing.

Unknown said...

um....lurker here...did I hear something about awesome chocolate chip cookies? DO SHARE!! :)

Deb Phillips said...

The cookie recipe can be found at www.allrecipes.com. Search for "Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie." They are extremely yummy!