AgeTracker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 23, 2012

New PR

Joe and I just finished running the 10k at the YMCA in Easton.  I finished in 53:15 (unofficial)!  That's a new PR (personal record) for me!  Let's not forget to mention that I ran this fast pushing a stroller filled with 2 kids (about 100 pounds total).

My husband did awesome, too.  He technically beat me with a finishing time of 50:40.  So, I was about 2 1/2 minutes behind him.  Not bad.  The big difference between us--right now, Joe is taking a nap on the couch.  I've already driven us home, showered, done some laundry.... Go team Phillips!

** Update:  I checked the official race results.  Sadly, they reset the race clock when the 5k started 5 minutes after our race.  So, our official times are Joe: 55:43 and Deb & kids: 58:14.  While I am saddened by these results, I feel kind of relieved at the same time.  Deep down, I knew there was no way I ran a 53:15.

No comments: