I underwent my c-section at 10-ish on Thursday morning, just as planned. Everything went very smoothly, and after a bout of post-op nausea and vomiting, I am recovering nicely.
Babies Benjamin Joseph and Nicole Kathleen were born at 10:20 and 10:22 am. They each weighed 7 lbs; he was 20" long and she was 19". Both are beautiful and perfect in every way! Most people think they look more like me than Joe. Ben has Joe's facial expressions and wrinkles his brow just like his Dad, whereas Nikki seems to have more of the temper that I had when I was a newborn (according to my mother).
We came home Sunday afternoon and introduced the dogs to them right away. It turned out to be the exact opposite of what we thought would happen--Jake took to them right away, and Maggie wanted nothing to do with them at all. Jake was on duty all night last night. He got up every time he heard either of them make a squeak. We think Maggie will eventually warm up to them.
Thanks to everyone who called, came to visit us in the hospital, or at home. We appreciate all of your love, support, and help.

4 comments:
Beautiful babies! Happy you are all home and doing well.
They are so cute!
Congratulations! You and Joe sure do make good babies. I bet you'll make even better parents. :-)
Congrats to you both on such wonderful children! We are thrilled that Dexter had 2 brand new cousins!
Ali's mom
Post a Comment