I had my 32 week appointment today, preceded by an ultrasound. The ultrasound went very well, with an interesting change. Baby A is now the boy, and Baby B is the girl. They switched positions! The girl was always on my right, and the boy was always on my left. But, now, the boy is on the right, and he is lower down in my pelvis, which will make him the first-born.
Their heart rates are 137 for the boy and 143 for the girl. The boy weighs approximately 3 lbs. 13 oz., and the girl weighs around 4 lbs. 3 oz. The boy is footling breech, meaning that his feet are the closest to my cervix. The girl is head-down, just like she should be. :-)
I met with Dr. Rao after the ultrasound. She is new to the practice, but she seems very nice. She explained that at this point, the chances of the boy flipping to a head-down position are fairly slim, so it looks like it'll be a c-section for me. They are not going to schedule anything--we are going to wait until my water breaks and all that stuff and then I'll just go straight in to the OR. She said they will do a quick ultrasound at that time, just to be that he is still breech. She also said that if by 39 weeks I haven't gone into labor, then they will schedule an ultrasound for 39 weeks or 39 weeks 1 day.
That's about it. Everything is going great. Besides being tired all the time and frequently out of breath, I have no real complaints. I have gained about 34 pounds and my uterus measures 37 cm.
Also, Joe and I would like to congratulate our friends Don & Meghan Foster, who welcomed baby Cole into the world this morning!

2 comments:
Sounds like your boy will be stubborn, but I bet he will be a great motocross racer!
typical boy, rushes ahead but does it backwards :P
Post a Comment