Today was my 34 week check up with the doctor. Everything is progressing nicely. I measure 40cm now, which is the same size as a full-term singleton. They told me that my uterus will not get any taller, but instead it will start to get wider now. Yeah (sarcastic). Until now, you couldn't tell I was pregnant from the back. I guess that is about to change. He also gave me a note that allows me to cut back on my hours at work. I usually work 3 12-hour shifts, but for the next couple of weeks I am to work no more than 3 6-hour shifts. I think this will work nicely for me, as it is getting much more difficult to move around. My original plan was to work all the way up until delivery, so maybe I'll still meet that goal, just by working fewer hours.
I'm up to weekly visits now, and next week I also have an ultrasound. I think that the boy is still footling breech, but after an episode of the hiccups this morning (the baby, not me), I'm not so sure anymore. I felt the hiccupping down low in my abdomen/pelvis. I'll find out for sure next week.
One more quick tidbit--Joe and Reggie have been working like madmen to finish the "breezeway" in our house. It used to have concrete for the floor, an ugly terra-cotta color on the walls, and the ceiling was falling. In the past couple of weeks, we have re-drywalled the room, installed new lights and two ceiling fan hook-ups, painted the walls and ceiling, put up baseboards and crown molding, and installed carpet. There isn't much left to do before this becomes our new living room and play area--just finish painting some trim, install ceiling fans, change the electric outlets to a new & updated white color (they're black now), and get new strips for under the doors. I'll be sure to post before and after pictures as soon as it is finished. (Also, we tried to be as green as possible--the carpet we installed is made from recycled plastic bottles. Pretty cool!)

2 comments:
That is awesome! Congratulations to Jim and Julie!
He certainly is cute! And big! Glad they're all doing fine.
Post a Comment