AgeTracker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Non-Stress Test #1

Yesterday morning was my first non-stress test (NST) at the hospital. It is routine for anyone carrying twins--I am scheduled to get one done every week until I deliver. It consists of the nurses in L&D hooking my babies up to heart monitors and watching them for about 20 minutes. They also put a monitor around my belly to determine if I am having any contractions. Everything came back fine. I did not realize how much my every movement affects my babies. I wiggled my belly a small bit, and both my babies' heart rates jumped by about 10 beats per minute. They called my doctor while I was there and informed him of my status. Then they sent me home. The whole thing took about 30 minutes.

Afterward, I met up with Joe and we went to the rugby game in Annapolis. It was a playoff game vs. Wilmington. They were a bunch of dirty players. I'm glad that our boys kicked their butts. I saw fists flying, people kicking, and all kinds of shananigans. So, next week it's off the Brandywine, a little suburb of Philadelphia for the next round of playoffs. I do not think I will be able to attend, as this is a weekend trip--there is one game on Saturday (the important one) and one game on Sunday. So, instead, I may attend the Oxford Day events in Oxford, MD. It is a small island about 10 miles from Easton. They are having a 10k race (one of our friends is racing), and a dog walk of some sort. I think Jake and Maggie will enjoy it.

Also, Julie came to visit us on Friday, and she informed us that she is being induced on Monday, April 20. We wish her the best of luck.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Well that's a relief.